Maple Class Year 1
No spellings have been set on Friday 10th June 2016 for the following week.
Instead please revise all sounds ready for the Phonics Screening Check starting on Monday 13th June 2016.
Please practise all the sounds and words given to your child, in a named plastic wallet, in preparation for the Phonics Test (week of 13th June 2016).
The booklets contain all the sounds they should recognise quickly and examples of real and nonsense words (words that contain the sounds but are not real words.)
Please see Mrs Archer if there are any further questions.
Please practise counting to at least 100, using the number square provided to help your child recognise and name the numbers.
By the end of Year 1 the children are expected to count forwards and backwards in 1s, 2s, 5s and 10s up to 100 starting from any number, so practising this is very useful too.
- Group 1 spellings 16-10-15
- Group 2 spellings 16-10-15
- Group 3 spellings 16-10-15
- Group 1 spellings 23-10-15
- Group 2 spellings 23-10-15
- Group 3 spellings 23-10-15
- Group 3 spellings 9-10-15
- Group 1 spellings 9-10-15
- Group 2 spellings 9-10-15
- Group 1 spellings 6-11-15
- Group 2 spellings 6-11-15
- Group 3 spellings 6-11-15