Relationship and Sex Education
At our school we follow the Journey in Love scheme for the the teaching of Relationship and Sex Education (RSE). This scheme is also supported by guidance from Shropshire Council and the NSPCC.
Our aims for the RSE programme is:
- To educate the children about how to stay safe (PANTS – NSPCC).
- To teach the children to recognise positive and negative relationships.
- To teach the children about the changes that will happen to their body.
- To develop the children’s resilience and a positive mind-set when discussing body image.
- To fulfil the statutory requirements for teaching of RSE in the primary setting
“An aspect of the mystery of love is treated in each year group…through a series of suggested, progressive and developmental tasks, activities and reflections which focus on physical (scientific links to the National Curriculum), social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development. ”
Sr Jude Groden RSM – Introduction, A Journey in Love
Below is a PowerPoint presentation shared with our parents to explain our school RSE programme.