Welcome to Year 3!
Our topic for the Summer term is ‘Landscapes'. In particular we are looking at Mountains.
We will be looking at;
- The location of a variety of mountain ranges.
- How mountains were formed.
- Famous mountaineers.
- Safety when climbing mountains.
- Plants and animals which can be found on mountains.
- And many more......
In Science we will be learning about 'Habitats'. We will look at a range of world wide habitats as well as our local habitats found on the school grounds. We will explore why animals enjoy their particular habitat and how they adapt in order to survive. Children will also be classifying animals based on their characteristics.
As part of our Art and DT we will be creating a piece of art work in the same style as the artist Hokusai 'The Great Wave'
We will also be creating our own mountain range using a variety of materials and paper mache. Children will also get the chance to experience outdoor cooking at forest school.
In RE our focus is 'Celebrating Easter and Pentecost'.
In Literacy we will be looking at 'Language Play'. Children will be writing their own riddles, tongue twisters and learning about how poets use langauge play to make their poems funny for the reader.
We will then move onto 'Plays' where children will learn about the features of playscripts. Have a go at some acting and then write their own playscript based on a familar story.
If you would like to bring in any books or materials from the Library or home to support this topic we will look forward to sharing them in class.
Miss Edwards and Mrs Schumejko
Year 3 Numeracy Targets
Most children have now met these two targets. Below is our next set of targets. Continue to practice and play the games below.
- To read times on a digital clock
- To use compass points to describe directions
- To multiply a two digit number by a one digit number
- To divide a two digit number by a one digit number
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school every day (in their book bags).
- Homework is given out every Friday and needs to be returned completed by the following Wednesday.
- Spelling and times tables tests take place every Thursday and results will be written in your childs diary.
- Please ensure your child has their PE kit and water bottle in school at all times.
Log into our subscribed pages here: