Year 5 Class Page
Welcome back! We hope you have enjoyed your Christmas break. To view our curriculum plan for the Spring term, please download the following Word document...
Welcome to Year 5
Mrs. A Prophet & Mrs. S Stevens
Supported by: Miss. Uttley, Miss. Holding & Mr. Yardley
Our topic this half term is :
Key question: What do the buildings of Wellington and Ironbridge tell us about the past?
Our quality English/Guided Reading text this half term is
'Jessica's First Prayer' by Hesba Stretton (local author)
The Way, the Truth, The Life.
Our RE Unit this half term is:
5.3 Inspitrational People
Key Learning Outcomes
* To know a Christian person who inspires me.
* To be able to describe some ways in which people live as followers of Jesus.
* To be able to give reasons for certain actions by inspirational people.
* To show an understanding of how following Jesus can shape the way I live.
* To be able to identify different responses to the challenge of living like a true disciple
For information on all other curriculum areas please see the word document linked at the top of the page.
Mrs Stevens and Mrs Prophet
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school every day - 3 reads a week earns a reading star. It's fine to read independently but please listen to your child read aloud at least once a week.
- Homework is given out every Friday and needs to be returned completed by the following Wednesday.
- Homework will include reading x 3, spellings, Times Table Challenge practice (test on Friday) and one other curriculum subject. We may also send home SPaG tests periodically.
- Spellings are given every Monday and tested the following Monday.
- Please ensure your child has their PE kit and water bottle in school at all times.
Log into our subscribed pages here using your username and password: