Welcome to Year 6!
Class Teacher: Miss Gail Thompson
Teaching assistants: Mr G Yardley and Miss B Holding
KS2 SAT night (05.02.19)
I hope the parents who attended found it helpful.
Please use this link to access a really useful film summarising KS2 SATs and what it will mean for your child.
During the evening we worked through a powerpoint which consolidated the information shared on the above film. The powerpoint slide includes the timetable for this years SATs, which begin Monday 13th May 2019. Please see link below to view the powerpoint.
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school every day - 3 reads a week earns a reading star and a reading raffle ticket. It's fine to read independently but please listen to your child read aloud at least once a week.
- Homework is given out every Friday and needs to be returned completed by the following Wednesday.
- Homework will include reading x 3, spellings, Times Table Challenge practice (test on Thursday) , one English activity and one Math's activity based on the week's learning.
- Spellings are given every Monday and tested on Friday.
- Please ensure your child has their PE kit and water bottle in school at all times
.Our Week in Year Six
New Spellings sent home
Speed table tests
Homework sent home
Speed tables sent home