to Year 3
Class Teachers: Miss Fletcher
I am looking forward to welcoming you all back during the second half of our Spring Term!. I have added some information below about our learning so that you can get an idea of what we will be up to. I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Davies
We are lucky enough to have Mrs Davies as our teaching assistant this year! She knows you all so well from working with you in Year 2 so she will be a familiar face around the classroom. She is very excited about working in Year 3 with us!
Spring Term 2 2021
In English, we will be reading The Hodgeheg, a wonderful book about a determined little hedgehog named Max. We will be pulling our prior learning together by developing a character, setting and a plot to write an alternative ending to Max's story. During our home learning, we will be writing a 'healthy snack' advertisement to develop our persuasive writing skills which will link in well with our Science unit.
In Maths, we will be recapping our multiplication knowledge to ensure we know the 3, 4 and 8 times tables. Following this, we will be learning about money, including pounds and pence, giving change and solving problems.
In Science, we will be looking at animals and humans. This will include the skeleton. food chains and healthy eating. In Geography, we will be comparing the similarities and differences between towns and cities. We will compare our local area of Shrewsbury with the seaside town of Llandudno.
Year 3 Reminders
- Your child will only need a coat and a small book bag due to smaller pegs and limiting items.
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school every day.
- Homework should be returned at the end of the half term on Wednesday 31st March 2021. Homework will be provided when all children are back in school.
- PE this half-term will take place Wednesday and Friday afternoon with Miss Fletcher and Mr Elliot. Please come to school wearing PE kit on these two days.
- Hooped or dangly earrings should not be worn in school. Stud earrings need to be removed before school each day as we will have PE.
- P.E kit should be a white t-shirt and black shorts or joggers with pumps or trainers.
All children need to have a coat and water bottle in school every day.
- Times Table Challenge is on Thursday each week.
- Please ensure all of the children's uniform has been labelled with their name.
Log into our subscribed pages here using your username and password: