to Year 3
Class Teachers - Miss Fletcher
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Davies
Autumn Term 2020
Our first topic in the autumn term is called ‘Stone Age to Iron Age!’ We will begin the year looking at the book UG: Boy Genius of the Stone Age. We will follow UG’s journey and find out about his wonderful inventions. In history, we will learn the key facts about the changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. We will be developing our sculpting skills by creating Iron Age roundhouses out of clay!
After a couple of weeks, we will move onto our science unit, Springs and Magnets. We will explore how push and pull forces work and develop different investigations. Alongside this, we will begin a new book, The Iron Man. This is one of my favourite stories and we will explore the Iron Man’s many adventures. In addition to this, we will read non-fiction texts to support our learning.
In maths, we will begin the year looking at number and place value: reading, writing and ordering two- and three-digit numbers. We will then progress onto learning about counting, estimating, mental addition and subtraction.
Year 3 Reminders
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school every day.
- Homework is given out every Friday and needs to be returned completed by the following Wednesday.
- PE this term will take place on a Tuesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon. Please come to school wearing PE kit on these days.
- Hooped or dangly earrings should not be worn in school. Stud earrings need to be removed before school on P.E. days.
- P.E kit should be a white t-shirt and black shorts or joggers with pumps or trainers.
All children need to have a coat and water bottle in school every day.
- Times Table Challenge is on Thursday each week.
- Please ensure all of the children's uniform has been labelled with their name.
Log into our subscribed pages here using your username and password: