to Year 3
UPDATED - 31.10.20
Class Teachers: Miss Fletcher
What a fantastic first half term we had! I can’t wait to begin our second half term as I have lots of exciting things planned for us. I have added some information below about our second autumn term back at school so you can get an idea of what we will be up to. I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Davies
We are lucky enough to have Mrs Davies as our teaching assistant this year! She knows you all so well from working with you in Year 2 so she will be a familiar face around the classroom. She is very excited about working in Year 3 with us!
Autumn Term 2 - 2020
Our next topic in the autumn term is called ‘Extreme Earth!’ We will begin the year looking at the book The Pebble in my Pocket. We will follow the journey of a pebble and find out about the wonderful journey. In geography, we will learn the key facts about natural disasters across the world, including volcanoes and earthquakes. We will be developing our painting skills by creating splatter images of volcanic eruptions.
After a couple of weeks, we will move onto our science unit, Rocks. We will explore the different types of rocks and develop different investigations. Alongside this, we will begin a new book which will be non-fiction about volcanoes. This is one of my favourite topics as we also get to write volcanic acrostic poems!
In maths, we will begin to focus on calculation. This will include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. We will then progress onto learning about time.
Year 3 Reminders UPDATED - 31.10.20
- Your child will only need a coat and a small book bag due to smaller pegs and limiting items.
- Homework will need to be returned completed on Wednesday 16th December 2020. The children will keep their homework books for the half term and will be returned at the end of the half term (not weekly).
- PE this half-term will take place Wednesday and Friday afternoon with Miss Fletcher and Mr Elliot. Please come to school wearing PE kit on these two days.
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school every day.
- Hooped or dangly earrings should not be worn in school. Stud earrings need to be removed before school each day as we will have PE.
- P.E kit should be a white t-shirt and black shorts or joggers with pumps or trainers.
All children need to have a coat and water bottle in school every day.
- Times Table Challenge is on Thursday each week.
- Please ensure all of the children's uniform has been labelled with their name.
Log into our subscribed pages here using your username and password: