to Year 3
Class Teachers: Miss Fletcher
I will be your teacher in Year 3! I cannot wait to meet all of you when we start back in September. I know that for many of you it will be your first time back in school since the lockdown. We will have a fantastic time in Year 3, I have added some information below about our first Autumn Term back at school so you can get an idea of what we will be up to. I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Davies
We are lucky enough to have Mrs Davies as our teaching assistant next year! She knows you all so well from working with you in Year 2 so she will be a familiar face around the classroom. She is very excited about working in Year 3 with us!
Autumn Term 2020
Our first topic in the autumn term is called ‘Stone Age to Iron Age!’ We will begin the year looking at the book UG: Boy Genius of the Stone Age. We will follow UG’s journey and find out about his wonderful inventions. In history, we will learn the key facts about the changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. We will be developing our sculpting skills by creating Iron Age roundhouses out of clay!
After a couple of weeks, we will move onto our science unit, Springs and Magnets. We will explore how push and pull forces work and develop different investigations. Alongside this, we will begin a new book, The Iron Man. This is one of my favourite stories and we will explore the Iron Man’s many adventures. In addition to this, we will read non-fiction texts to support our learning.
In maths, we will begin the year looking at number and place value: reading, writing and ordering two- and three-digit numbers. We will then progress onto learning about counting, estimating, mental addition and subtraction.
Year 3 Reminders UPDATED - 16.07.20
- Your child will only need a coat and a small book bag due to smaller pegs and limiting items.
- Homework will be given out on Friday 4th September 2020 and needs to be returned completed on Wednesday 21st October 2020. The children will keep their homework books for the first half term and will be returned at the end of the half term (not weekly).
- PE this half-term will take place every afternoon with Mr Elliot. Please come to school wearing PE kit each day.
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school every day.
- Hooped or dangly earrings should not be worn in school. Stud earrings need to be removed before school each day as we will have PE.
- P.E kit should be a white t-shirt and black shorts or joggers with pumps or trainers.
All children need to have a coat and water bottle in school every day.
- Times Table Challenge is on Thursday each week.
- Please ensure all of the children's uniform has been labelled with their name.
Log into our subscribed pages here using your username and password: