to Year 4
Class Teacher: Miss Baldwin
Teaching Assistants: Mr Robinson
Welcome back and welcome to Year 4!
I am looking forward to teaching you all! Here is a little bit about me, I enjoy playing rounders, netball and going to the gym in my spare time. I enjoy art and being creative.
I am really looking forward to learning all about you!
Next year, we will have Mr Robinson joining out St Patricks team. Mr Robinson is really looking forward to meeting and helping you! Mr Robinson used to be a police officer and has since re-trained to be a teaching assistant which he has really enjoyed. In his spare time he likes to play tennis and drink coffee at a well known place.
Our first topic in the Autumn term is ‘Climate zones’, where we will be learning all about different climates around the world and what effects the weather. Alongside this topic we will be reading the book Krindlekrax. This book will take us on adventure with Ruskin to find the infamous Krindlekrax! In history, we will be learning about education through time, where will learn compare education in different time periods.
As the term progress', we will move onto our science unit, Living things and their habitats. We will classify different types of animals and insect, and review what is effecting their habitats.
In maths, we will begin the year looking at number and place value: reading, writing, rounding and ordering 4 digit numbers. We will then progress onto learning an efficient way to add and subtract mentally and by using the formal written methods.
Please click on the icon below to take you the Year 4 yearly overview.
If have any questions, we are always happy to help!
The Year 4 team
- Children need to bring their reading book and diary into school everyday.
- Homework is given out every Friday and needs to be returned completed by the following Wednesday.
- We now use Spellzone for children to follow their individual spelling pathways (Since January 2019). Please ensure your child has an opportunity to access this weekly at home.
- There is still an expectation for children to be working on times table rock stars. Please ensure your child has an opportunity to access this at home.
- PE will take place Wednesday afternoons outside and Friday afternoons inside. Please ensure children have the correct PE kit and wear this to school on the day of their lesson (we kindly ask that children are either able to take their earrings out independently).
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle in school at all times (with their name on it).
Thank you for your continued support!