Relationship, Health and Sex Education
At Shrewsbury Cathedral Catholic Primary School and Nursery we follow a diocesan approved RHSE programme - 'Life to the Full'.
Our aims for the RHSE programme is:
- To educate the children about how to stay safe (PANTS – NSPCC).
- To teach the children to recognise positive and negative relationships.
- To teach the children about the changes that will happen to their body.
- To develop the children’s resilience and a positive mind-set when discussing body image.
- To fulfil the statutory requirements for teaching of RSHE in the primary setting
Below you will find further information including the RSHE policy.
A letter will be sent out in the Summer Term explaining how resources and scheme can be accessed, what will be taught in the scheme of work and when the scheme of work will be taught.